Wednesday, June 16, 2010

11 tools reflection

My favorite tools were the ones that let you create new things, image generators, mash ups, and digital storytelling. They are the tools that give that wow factor to things I am already doing in the classroom. I can see myself embedding these new tools into existing science and math projects that demand a product.

My thinking has been transformed by going from I want to include technology to I have to include technology in the curriculum. I am doing a disservice to my students if I don't prepare them with the full range of technology available at the present time so that they can grow as technology grows.

The outcomes of learning these tools has been that the technology itself is friendly. I may make mistakes, but they can be corrected. I feel creative in ways I have never been before.

4 comments:

  1. Whoa!...You're already done!...Envious, but really enjoying the process!...See you at school this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your blog. I like that you kept your posts consice, and I relate to the the reflective thought at the end about going from the mindset of "I want to use technology to I have to include technology".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your insights and share in them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you think the technology is friendly and that mistakes can be corrected. I think too many of us are scared of technology and that we have to be perfect with its use. I'm glad you realize that that's not the case. We just need to jump in and try things out. I like that you did that with Science and the itouches last spring.

    ReplyDelete