Tuesday, June 15, 2010

tool # 10

I had the opportunity to use the i-touch technology at the end of the year. The students were very motivated to use this technology. I was disheartened because they think the i touch is only for music and games. When they needed to go to specific, academic applications, they lost a lot of their initial enthusiasm.
I reviewed these apps: Math Drills Lite and Brain Tuner. Math Drills Lite is a fact game that you can adjust levels. Brain Tuner is a mental math game which looked fun. The science apps I found were Science Lite, 3-D sun, science 101, and Brain Pop Featured Movie. They all had great things.
I found that to make my students accountable for learning I had a form showing them where to go and my expectations at that site. It took some work up front, but saved the students and myself frustration of going where ever.
I am taking the i touch class on Thursday. I can't wait to find more ways to use the i touch in the classroom.

3 comments:

  1. Very good approach. I myself was wondering about student accountability. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your students were really focused when they had the form to fill out. I know it's additional time on the teacher's part, but I think it made a difference with their accountability. Hopefully as more teachers begin using the itouches we will have more things (forms, questions, etc.) to share between teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will have to let me know what you learn from the i touch class!

    ReplyDelete