Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tool #2

1. My thoughts on building a PLN are exciting and concerning. As a professional, it is exciting to share ideas, thoughts, strategies, and lessons with a variety of other educators. My concern lies in using this formally with students. Mostly my concern is with time. (Big surprise, right?!) I have watched my students text, use their DS, and communicate on my space. They communicate, but their register and content is not what I would accept academically. They would need lots of coaching on the how's and the why's. I think it is well worth the time, I just need to find it!

2. The points that stuck with me in the commenting advice were:
* supporting or questioning, not just agreeing
* disagreeing respectfully
* not being afraid to comment

3. I commented on the following 5 blogs:
Live Laugh & Learn
Learning Curve
Life long learning
Moulton lava
Jello's 11 tools

1 comment:

  1. Don't you wish we could manufacture more time? Hopefully using technology will help us gain more time in the long run.

    ReplyDelete